Accessibility & Non-Discrimination
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is dedicated to providing quality services and recreation programs that are inclusive and accessible to all patrons. The Commission will ensure compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 by taking all reasonable steps to remove barriers to participation in programs and services. The Commission is committed to maximizing program participation.
Requests & Questions for Reasonable Accommodations
Patrons with questions regarding program accessibility and requests for reasonable accommodations should:
- Contact the facility in which the program resides
- Requests for accommodations should be made at least 14 calendar days in advance of the program start date.
- Complaints/concerns should be filed within 14 calendar days of the incident/occurrence.
- Concerns and requests should be placed in writing and include information on the specific program/service, location of program, requested accommodation, and/or incident/occurrence.
- Communicate directly to the departmental contact below, any concerns, which are not resolved within 14 calendar days by the program facility, and/or any compliance violations. Compliance violations should be filed within 14 calendar days of an incident/occurrence. They may be filed initially with the program facility or directly with the departmental contact.
- If there is no satisfactory resolution of an issue within 14 calendar days of notification to the department, the patron may contact the Office of the Executive Director.
- Notice 15-01 - Accessibility and Non-Discrimination in Programs and Services (PDF)
- Notice 15-01 - Electronic Personal Assistive Mobility Devices (PDF)
- Notice 15-01A - Notice Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (PDF)
- Notice 15-01B - Service Animals for People with Disabilities Act (PDF)
- Notice 15-01D - Accessibility Seating Under the Americans Disabilities Act (PDF)
- Notice 15-01E - Grievance Procedure Under the Americans With Disabilities Act (PDF)