Diversity in the Community
Making A Difference
The Prince George's Planning Department is involved in our community in many ways:
- Green Open House—To educate the community about sustainability and environmental awareness; schoolhouse pond cleanup.
- Community Outreach—Coat Drives and Quarterly Food Drives to aid the less fortunate year round.
- Partnerships with multicultural groups to strengthen relationships with diverse communities that foster mutual understanding and support.
- Joint scholarship with the National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) offered to a minority student in a planning-related field.
The Prince George’s County Planning Department hosts speaker series sessions that provide engaging discussions relevant to planning efforts in our county.
Location: County Administration Building, 4th Floor Board Room, 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
For more information, contact:
Valecia Wilson, Senior Planner — Valecia.Wilson@ppd.mncppc.org
Send any comments and inquiries to PGCspeakerseries@ppd.mncppc.org
Community Involvement Programs
Strengthen partnerships with diverse communities fostering mutual understanding and support.
- Enhance the provision of excellent customer service to our diverse customer base.
- Charitable Fundraising and Contributions: Silent Auctions to benefit Local Food Banks and Habitat for Humanity; Participation in "Christmas in April."
- Community Outreach: Information tables set up at several local community events (Maryland Day, Annual Heritage Day, Bowie Fest, and Marlborough Day) to educate the public about M-NCPPC programs, services, and resources.