Collegiate Internship Program
Sponsored by Prince George's County Planning Board, the
COLLEGIATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM is designed to provide job training in planning and urban development to qualified college students who anticipate careers in these areas. Interns will be assigned to work with Planning Department staff at The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) in Prince George's County. Internships will be available for the summer. Interns will work full-time (40 hours per week) and will be compensated.
The Prince George's County Planning Department has a wide variety of opportunities that will provide students with a realistic work experience. Selected students will have the opportunity to work with experienced individuals in their respective disciplines. The Prince George's County Planning Department will be seeking students pursuing degrees or disciplines in the following areas:
- Regional and Community Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Design/Studies
- Geography/Geographic Information Systems
- Environmental Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Historic Preservation
- Economic Development
- Communications/Public Relations
Additional Criteria Used For Selection
Strong writing skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Familiarity and/or experience with computers.
Work or volunteer experience that might be applicable.
References from past supervisors and/or professors.
Self-motivation; ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Summer internships will run May 28 through August 16, 2013.
- Students must submit an M-NCPPC employment application to be considered for employment.
- Students must submit a college transcript. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Students must submit a personal statement indicating goals and aspirations that may be enhanced by participation in the program. Personal statements must be at least one page long.
- View/download brochure. Download application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Personal statements must accompany applications. Interviews for positions will be conducted.
- Mail applications to :
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission Planning Board Office,
4th Floor, 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Attn: Robert E. Clarke III, Internship Coordinator (301-952-4504)