Transportation Plans and Projects
The Transportation Planning Section of Countywide Planning:
The Transportation Planning Section (TPS) of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission in Prince George’s County is the designated transportation planning organization for Prince George’s County, Maryland. In coordination with the Prince George’s County Government, the TPS staff coordinates with numerous agencies that play important roles in the transportation planning process within Prince George’s County.
- Coordinates with municipal, county, regional, state, and federal transportation and planning agencies to implement the recommendations of master plans, sector plans, and the Countywide Master Plan of Transportation.
- Develops, evaluates, and maintains updates of the transportation recommendations in master plans, sector plans, and the Approved Countywide Master Plan of Transportation(2009).
- Evaluates and reviews public and private development projects and their impacts on the adequacy of the transportation system for the Planning Board and County Council.
- Provides strategic transportation planning, programming, and policy technical support to municipal, county, and state agencies.
- Coordinates regional transportation planning policy analysis with transportation operating and planning agencies, including the Prince George's County Department of Public Works and Transportation, the Maryland Department of Planning, the Maryland Department of Transportation, the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board, and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
- Coordinates, reviews, and responds to transportation-related Mandatory Referrals from federal, state, and county agencies.