TRIR January 25, 2019 Update
The Tucker Road Ice Rink (TRIR) replacement project is in the final stage of design known as the Construction Documents phase, which is anticipated to be completed in the Spring of 2019. During the Construction Documents Phase, the design team, Grimm + Parker, will complete the building and site construction detail drawings and specifications as well as other documents required to bid and construct the project.
The design team is conducting a series of internal staff meetings this month to finalize the design. Meetings include the following:
- Finalize Design/Finishes Meeting
- Determine International Green Construction Code (IGCC) Sustainable Design credits
- Finalize design for the Site/Landscaping and Hardscaping
- Reach agreement on the Electrical, Audio Visual/IT and Security Systems
- Finalize Mechanical/Plumbing and Ice Systems
Next Steps will include Bidding and Negotiating a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) for the project.
Anticipated milestone dates and activities as developed by Forrester Construction include:
- Fall 2018 – Design Development Submission
- Fall 2018 – Construction Documents Phase Begins
- Spring 2019 – Guaranteed Maximum Pricing due
- Spring 2019 – Site Permits released and Building Permit Submission expected
- Spring 2019 – Construction Begins for site-work
- Coming Fall 2020 – Completion of on-site construction activities
These milestone dates are subject to change. The current projected schedule reflects the additional time required to complete the initial procurement process, and the time associated with securing supplemental funding during the FY19 budget process. Therefore, the anticipated project completion is Fall of 2020. However, Forrester Construction continues to refine the project schedule based on work progress and other factors that could impact the project.