Project Mission, Vision and Goals
To guide mixed-use, pedestrian-friendly, and environmentally sensitive development around the Bowie State MARC station.
This plan will focus on "transit-oriented development" around the MARC station and serve as a catalyst for a community town center. It will facilitate Bowie State University's expansion in the short-medium term and attract additional development and investment in the long term.
Achieve a compact, environmentally sensitive, pedestrian-friendly, and transit-supportive mixed-use community center that serves BSU students and faculty as well as surrounding neighborhoods and MARC commuters.
- Design an economically viable and environmentally sensitive mixed-used center
- Propose land uses that will generate a sustainable revenue stream for Bowie State University
- Increase the amount of housing for Bowie State University students and faculty
- Balance the needs of Bowie State University with that of local commuters and surrounding communities
- Expand pedestrian safety and mobility
- Enhance the economic viability of Old Town Bowie
- Connect Old Town Bowie to the MARC Station and the Community Center
- Support Prince George's County Green Infrastructure goals
- Provide a realistic implementation action plan, with both short- and long-term goals and strategies