Opportunities and Issues
- Complete planning for the entire length of the MD 202 Corridor, including short- and longterm
strategies that will enhance this important thoroughfare.
- Develop innovative economic development and urban design solutions to encourage the
revitalization of commercial areas.
- Develop an implementation strategy for transitoriented,mixed-use development adjacent to the Metro station that takes advantage of its strategic location within the county.
- Provide guidance for the restoration of environmentally sensitive areas.
- Determine the appropriate types, location, and relationship of nonindustrial and industrial uses.
- Difficult for pedestrians to access Metro due to the station’s location and roadway barriers.
- Conditions of existing commercial centers and properties.
- Construction and poor drainage patterns have had an adverse impact on the surrounding
streams and floodplain.
- Inter-neighborhood connectivity is difficult, especially adjacent to the Baltimore Washington
Parkway and US 50.