Take advantage of the therapeutic benefits of our expanded adapted aquatic program offerings. Are you seeking to learn new skills, enhance your abilities, accomplish the seemingly impossible, or just have fun? Adapted Aquatic programs allow individuals with disabilities the opportunity to live more, play more with the use of adaptive equipment and specialized instruction.
The following facilities offer aquatic programs for people with disabilities.
- C.E. Reig Regional Center
- H. Winship Weatley Special Center
Capital Heights, MD
- James E Duckworth Special Center
- Jessie B. Mason Regional Center
Temple Hills, MD
- Theresa Banks Memorial Aquatic Center/Glenarden Complex
- Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Complex
For more information about the offerings please contact the Special Programs Division
Individualized Swimming Lessons
Individualized Swimming Lessons are designed for children and adults with disabilities who require one-on-one instruction. The duration of each scheduled lesson is 30 minutes in length. Lessons are held at various locations throughout the county. Participants at all skill levels are welcome.