Station Area Vision
The plan includes a mixed-use center including mid-rise residential, office, and research uses. Major tenants include the Food and Drug Administration, the United States Department of Agriculture, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the American Center for Physics. M Square, The University of Maryland’s Enterprise Campus is located on 128 acres of university property here. The Center for the Advanced Study of Language is the first tenant of this future research and business campus.
College Park/Um Metrorail Station
- Located at the intersection of Paint Branch Parkway and the CSX railroad tracks.
- There is a 100-year floodplain within one-half mile of the station: 97 acres of floodplain, 12 acres of non-tidal wetlands, and 93 acres of woodlands.
- The nearest community is the City of College Park.
- The General Plan places this station in the Developed Tier and classifies it as a Metropolitan Center.
- This station area is located within a transit-district overlay zone (TDOZ).
- Access is via Baltimore Avenue (US 1), Kenilworth Avenue (MD 201), River Road, and Paint Branch Parkway.
Summary of Allowable Uses
The land uses planned within one-half mile of the station are mixed-use office, retail, hotel, light industrial and recreation. The College Park-Riverdale Transit District Development Plan (1997) is the applicable sector plan for this Metro station.
Sites in Public Ownership
WMATA owns 260 acres including the station and parking area. The State of Maryland owns 111 acres of permanent open space land within one-half mile of the station.
- Bike Parking: There are 81 bike racks and 40 lockers available at this station.
- Car Sharing is available at this station.
- 3,072-space surface lot
- 150-space metered surface lot
- 1 THE BUS route
- 2 MTA commuter bus routes
- 8 Metrobus routes
- Transit Ridership
- 5,322 entries
- 5,044 exits