Station Area Vision
This station opened for service in late 2004. The 2004 Morgan Boulevard-Largo Town Center sector plan encourages an attractive, quality mixed-use transit center with mid-rise multifamily, townhouses, office and local retail uses. Significant single-family and multifamily residential development has taken place to the north and east of the station since its opening.
Morgan Boulevard Metrorail Station
- Located at the intersection of Morgan Boulevard and Central Avenue (MD214).
- There are some environmental constraints on the site including floodplain and steep slopes.
- The nearest communities include Randolph Village, Summerfield (military housing), and Willow Hills, which are residential developments.
- The General Plan places this station in the Developed Tier and classifies it as a Regional Center.
- This station area is located near FedEx Field and the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex.
- Access is via Morgan Boulevard and Central Avenue (MD214) and Brightseat Road.
Summary of Allowable Uses
The land uses planned within one-half mile of the Metro station are mixed-use office, multifamily residential, and townhomes. The 2004 Approved Sector Plan and Sectional Map Amendment for the Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center Metro Areas is the applicable sector plan for this station.
Sites in Public Ownership
WMATA owns 25.0 acres including the station and parking area.
- Bike Parking: There are 9 bike racks and 40 lockers available at this station.
- Car Sharing is available at this station.
- 608 spaces
- 78-space metered surface lot
- Transit Ridership
- 1,814 entries
- 1,751 exits