- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Planning Department
- About Us
- Our Divisions
- Countywide Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Planners Responsibilities
Transportation Planners Responsibilities
The Transportation Planning Section employs two separate teams to encourage efficient and effective delivery of the goals and objectives of the section. In addition, the section has a full-time Pedestrian/Bicycle Coordinator that is responsible for assisting in all aspects of active transportation planning.
- The Transportation Planning Service (TPS) Supervisor provides technical assistance to the Long-Range Planning staff. He or she also represents TPS in outreach meetings with citizens and other stakeholders. TPS approval is required for all scope of services and billing for long-range transportation planning contracts.
- The Long-Range Team Lead represents TPS in organizational meetings with the Community Planning Division and delegates assignments to Long-Range Planners. Reviews all scope of services and billing for all Long-Range Planning contracts; supports Long-Range Planners in Planning Board or Council hearings/briefings when necessary.
- The Transportation Modeler manages the County's Transportation Planning Travel Demand Forecasting Model; serves as the liaison to the Department, County, and all external agencies. Assists the TPS Long Range Planners and Community Planning Division staff with the application of transportation demand modeling for long-range planning projects.
- The Long-Range Planner manages TPS long-range planning efforts and serves as a liaison and resource to the Community Planning Division. Reviews technical analysis associated with long-range community planning projects; represents TPS in outreach meetings with citizens and other stakeholders. Drafts all correspondence, final memos, or technical reports when needed.
The Transportation Planning Service (TPS) Supervisor provides approval for final memos (“referrals”); represents TPS in pre-application conferences when needed; provides technical assistance to Site Analysis Team reviewers; supports the Team Lead and Site Analysis Team reviewers in PB or Council public hearings/briefings when necessary
Site Analysis Team Lead serves as the primary representative for TPS in pre-application conferences and conducts pre-acceptance review of development applications. Assigns development applications to reviewers; supports DRD reviewers in PB or Council hearings/briefings when necessary.
Reviewer carries out technical analysis associated with development applications for Dundee as well as conducts a comprehensive multi-modal transportation planning analysis of development applications.
The Ped/Bike Coordinator leads all bicycle and pedestrian planning efforts for TPS. Duties include but are not limited to representing TPS in outreach meetings with citizens and other stakeholders. Also serve as the liaison to the Department, County, and external agencies regarding Ped-Bike efforts and projects.