- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Health & Wellness
- Healthy Trails 5K Walk/Run
Healthy Trails 5K Walk/Run
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages runners and walkers of all abilities, ages, and skill levels to come together, enjoy scenic views of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail, and be active. Healthy Trails events are held annually in the spring.
Previous races have contributed proceeds towards:
- Community Gardens
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies
- Bosom Buddies
- Kids to Camp campaign
Upcoming Event Overview
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Healthy Trails 5K Walk/Run for Armed Forces & Veterans
Virtual & In-Person at the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail
Fee until March 31: Early-bird registration is $20
April 1-April 30: $25 (Resident); $33 (Non-Resident)
Online registration closes on April 30, 2023.
On-site/In-person race registration May 6: $30 (Resident); $38 (Non-resident).
Whether you’re racing to beat your fastest time or taking a stroll to enjoy your neighborhood, this event is for everyone! A portion of the proceeds will support the Department of Parks and Recreation’s Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies program for Veterans within Prince George's County.
- Onsite registration will be available while slots remain open.
- The in-person event will be timed. Virtual participants will be able to enter their time through a provided link.
- Performance T-shirts will be available at on-site registration while supplies last. Sizes are not guaranteed.
- At the end of the race, all posted in-person and virtual finishers will be able to download, share, and print a personalized finisher's certificate.
- The awards ceremony for first, second, and third-place winners in their age group/category will take place.
- The Department continues to urge patrons to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Patrons should use caution, wear facial coverings, and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others.
In-Person Event Details
How to register & participate in the in-person 5K event
Click here to register for the In-person event!
Location: Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail, 7200 Harborview Drive, Oxon Hill 20745
Time: 8 am; check-in begins at 6:30 am
- Performance T-shirt and race bib will be available on May 6 at event check-in.
Virtual Event Details
How to register & participate in the virtual 5K
Location: Online (choose a location near you to walk/run a distance of 5K/3.1 miles)
Time: Participants can walk/run at any time they choose.
- Performance T-shirts will be mailed to participants who register for the virtual event.
- Register by 4/15/23 to receive your T-shirt by the race date.
Virtual Race FAQ’s
What is a virtual race?
- A virtual race can be done anywhere you choose, at any pace. Your race, your pace!
How does it work?
Click here to register for the virtual event!
- Choose your own route or a DPR Trail
- Walk/run your route at your own pace on May 6th
- Send us your photos & time to be featured on our social media
Can I participate if I live outside of Prince George's County?
- Yes! You can participate from anywhere.
Can I use social media to publicize my run?
- You bet! Show the online world your effort. Share a picture of you on your route. Send photos to email@example.com to be featured on our social media platforms.
To inquire and/or become a sponsor contact: John.Morton@pgparks.com.
For more information, call 301-446-6838; Maryland Relay 7-1-1, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn how to set-up a Parks Direct account.
- Learn how to upload age and residency verification documents
- Learn how to register for an activity
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.