The Canter Creek Park project involves the development of a 25-acre parcel located within the new community of Canter Creek in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. The proposed park will consist of a playground, a loop trail, play courts, a terrace with seating areas, open space, and a parking lot.
The park will also include an 11-acre Woodland Preservation Area that will remain and serve as an enhancement to the recreational experience.
Last updated March 2023
Currently, the project is in the Construction phase. A summary of completed and anticipated milestones is as follows:
- Summer 2020 – Construction Documents Process
- September 30, 2020 – Virtual Community Meeting
- Fall 2020 – Mandatory Referral
- Early Fall 2021 – Construction Documents Completion
- Winter 2022/ Spring 2023 - Construction Bid
- March 2023 – Construction Start
- Winter 2023/Spring 2024 – Construction Completion
Actual dates for the completion of the milestones are subject to change.