- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Planning Department
- Zoning Applications
- Alternative Development Technique (ADT)
Alternative Development Technique (ADT)
Note: Alternative Development Technique (ADT) applications are only applicable to development proposals reviewed under provisions of the prior Ordinance (applications accepted prior to April 1, 2022 and for period of two years following).
Alternative Development Technique (ADT) is a procedure to allow alternative designs that equal or exceed the requirements in the Urban Light Industrial (U-L-I) Zone. This procedure allows a flexible performance-oriented approach that recognizes existing development character and physical limitations.
Pre-Application Conference: Optional
Pre-Application Neighborhood Meeting: Optional
Subdivision and Development Review Committee (SDRC): Alternative Development Technique requests may be referred to the SDRC, at the discretion of the Zoning Section Supervisor or at the request of the applicant.
Decision Maker: Alternative Development Technique requests are decided by the Planning Director.
Public Notice Requirement: None
Estimated Review Time: The Planning Director's decision shall be mailed to the applicant and any affected municipality within ten (10) calendar days of acceptance of the application, unless waived by the applicant or the municipality.
The new Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations go into effect on April 1, 2022. For a period of two years (until March 31, 2024), Applicants have the option to submit under the requirements of either the new or prior Ordinance. [Note: Review under the prior Ordinance requires a Pre-Application Conference and Statement of Justification to explain why the applicant has not chosen to develop under the provisions of the new Ordinance.]
Any application accepted prior to the effective date of the new Ordinance will be reviewed and decided in accordance to the provisions of the prior Ordinance. See the Transitional Provisions Quick Reference for more information.
Fill out this application form and email the PDF along with required submission materials to DRDApplications@ppd.mncppc.org.
Application Forms and Filing Instructions
- Pre-Application Online Form
- Application Form
- Alternative Development Technique Application Submission Procedure
- Applications Submissions Changes - Ongoing (UPDATED)
- Transitional Provisions Quick Reference
Relevant Development Review Bulletins
- Bulletin 2-2022 New Code Implementation
- Bulletin 1-2022 Zoning Certification
- Bulletin 8-2021 Pre-Applications Online
- Bulletin 7-2021 Contact Information for Planning Department Staff
- Bulletin 3-2020 Applications Submissions Changes - Ongoing (UPDATED)
- Bulletin 1-2020 Deadline for Revised Information
- Bulletin 5-2019 Electronic Certification Improvements (UPDATED)
Guides and References