- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Planning Department
- About Us
- Our Divisions
- Countywide Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Planning for Site Analysis
Transportation Planning for Site Analysis
Primary Functions of the Site Analysis Team:
- Provide the Development Review Division with transportation planning recommendations for all development review applications.
- Facilitate the review of all subdivision and zoning applications and permits.
- The Transportation Planning Section is responsible for conducting a comprehensive multi-modal transportation planning analysis of development applications, including but not limited to traffic operations, site layout and circulation, and all onsite and off-site multi-modal facilities where applicable.
The Prince George's County Planning Board adopted general criteria and guidelines for the analysis of the traffic impacts of land development proposals on March 3, 1977. Guidelines for transportation review and adequacy were developed by technical staff and approved by the Planning Board. Procedures and metrics were also developed to guide determinations of whether facilities necessary for proposed developments are adequate.
2022 Supplement: On May 19, 2022, the Planning Board adopted the update to the Transportation Review Guidelines, 2022 Transportation Review Guidelines, Part 1 and Part 2, Supplement (PDF), which captures the policies included in the October 2019 Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations. This document provides guidance on how to navigate through new policies and procedures regarding transportation analysis and should be reviewed prior to the 2012 and 2013 Guidelines. The 2022 Supplement includes directions on what sections in the 2012 and 2013 Guidelines remain applicable, otherwise, you will find the new policies and procedures described within.
Part 1-On October 11, 2012, the Planning Board adopted the new Transportation Review Guidelines, Part 1 (PDF). The changes in these guidelines are quite extensive, and this document will guide all parts of the transportation review-not just the preparation of traffic studies.
Part 2-Copies of the Transportation Review Guidelines Part 2, 2013 are now available for download (PDF). This document guides the determination of findings related to Council Bill CB-002-2012 is also available. This legislation requires a finding of adequate pedestrian and bikeway facilities in the general plan centers and corridors.
Click the image to enlarge