Registration is now open for the 2018 Prince George’s Best Dance Crew Competition (PGBDC). PGBDC is a distinctive dance competition that provides young dancers the opportunity to display the artistry and technique of the many styles and flairs of Hip Hop dance. Up to ten (10) dance crews will compete to be crowned “Prince George’s Best Dance Crew” on Friday, March 2, 2018 at the Publick Playhouse (5445 Landover Road, Cheverly, MD 20784.) Dance Crews will compete for cash prizes totaling up to $1100.
- Dance crews must have one (1) member from Prince George’s County.
- Dance crew participants must be 10 to 18 years of age. Proof of age must be verifiable by current photo I.D or birth certificate.
- Dance crews must have no less than two (2) members and no more than fifteen (15) equally participating members.
- Dance crews may be comprised of all male, female or co-ed teams.
- Crews can be from dance studios, schools, community groups, or independent. However, all dance crews must have an Adult Team Leader involved and present on the night of the competition. This adult must attend and stay for the entire performance.
- This competition is in the style of Hip Hop. Choreography should primarily be hip-hop technique. Hip Hop fusion styles are accepted.
How to Participate
Crews meeting the above-mentioned criteria can register by completing the online registration form at: http://www.pgparks.com/2812/Auditions
There is no registration fee for the competition. The crew sign up is first come first serve. Signing up early is strongly encouraged. The deadline for registration is Friday, February 9, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
Find out more information about the competition in the PGBDC registration packet. Contact Elizabeth Malone, Art Specialist at 301-446-3232 or email@example.com for further assistance.