What can I do on my property?

The Zoning Ordinance designates the permitted uses and the requirements for development of a property. First, confirm the zoning classification with the Planning Information Services Section (email PPD-InfoCounter@ppd.mncppc.org or call 240-545-8976). You can also use PGAtlas.com to search your property to determine the zoning classification. Then, consult the permitted uses per the Zoning Ordinance Principal Use Tables. The Zoning Ordinance also establishes certain minimum yard sizes (setbacks), height limitations, maximum percentage of lot coverage, off-street parking, green area, landscaping, and various other requirements.

For more information, please email PPD-InfoCounter@ppd.mncppc.org or call 240-545-8976.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning classification of my property?
2. As a county resident, how can I participate in the development review process to ensure the protection of my home and community?
3. What can I do on my property?
4. How do I obtain a copy of a site plan of my property?
5. What are the setbacks for my property?
6. I have a large parcel of land. Can it be subdivided into smaller lots?
7. My lot has no frontage on a public street. Is there any way I can build on it?
8. Is there a floodplain on my property?
9. Is my property historic or in a historic district?
10. How do I obtain a mailing list for a storm water management plan?